Thursday, March 20, 2003

Well, here we are, first blog. Ever. My chance to go stream-of-consciousness with the world. ahhh. Well it's 3:42 on Thursday. I assume the machine will stamp the actual time when I'm done. It's been an interesting day. I've been editing the DVD for a new chow yun-fat movie, while alternating between Dear Rael, CNN.com, NYTimes.com and my IM friends on the war. Interesting dichotomy. War/Movies. The obvious thing is that the War makes most movies very small. My friend told me yesterday of Patton's comment, i paraphrase 'In the face of War, all other human endeavors seem insignificant'. Definitely seems so today. Work for tha man, work for tha man. Continue your life while across the globe, lives are ending. I don't know if Apathy is the correct term for most of America. I think most of us do not get involved because we're scared of letting the war get involved with _us_. 'Look long into the Abyss and the Abyss looks into you.' Life seems more secure when you can ignore away the conflicts and such. I don't know. I'm the parents of hippies who support this war. Then again, this war is less than 2 days old. I think most of the Vietnam era protests happened later during the 10 year duration of that war. And this war seems like we'll 'win', if that's anything. 9/11/02. The day america 'woke up'. The day the republic became an empire in my opinion. I'm against the terrorists, but not at the expense of my rights. 'Patriot act" my ass. We'll see what happens in the future, but I'm concerned that the noose grows tighter at home. Enough for now. Gotta get back to 'fight choreography' -Reg
[edit]