Friday, March 26, 2004

Welcome Nordstrom!

Many things to blog about, so here's the quick lineup comin' up.

1. Review of Day
2. Reveiw of Cut
3. Review of Dedman's script (overdue).

1. The boss took us all out to The Cheesecake Factory (they don't need my link) for lunch and to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. If you've never been to a Cheesecake Factory, take Applebee's or Bennigan's or TGIFridays, mix in a 40 page menu from an east coast diner, add grease, cheese and sugar. You get the picture. The fellowship was nice, as was eating in the sun after a day of salt-mine cave editing, but the food less than stellar. I had a Chicken Caesar salad, and how can you mess that up? Well, cold chicken, slightly wilted-greens, and a dressing that was more vinegar with a hint of Caesar than anything else. At least the portions were huge (I had the appetizer portion and I left 1/4 of it. I shudder to think about a full sizer. Who eats that? Vegetarians the size of King Kong Bundy?)

We're also all groaning because even though a 2 hour lunch on a friday is great, it's not so great when you have to come in on Saturday as well. Luckily I'll be doing my taxes in the morning, so I'll skip the morning.

Yes, Luckily I'll be doing my taxes in the morning. I really like my accountant.

Afterwards, I fully expect to be at work till midnight. Our boss, right now next door, is going over a show cut for cut. Changing angles, extending dissolves in frame increments. Involved.

But.... Make no mistake,


It is HIS show. And he will put his stamp on it. But we all knew that when he is the Executive Producer, Director, Cameraman, and sits in the chair during screenings, running the box.

fun fun fun!!