Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Connection to Counselor

Re-reading my comments, I realized that Steans did not know who I am. All of us are somehow connected to Jdedman.com, and here's mine.

I've known Counselor since 8th grade in Houston, Texas. We anticipated he would somehow take over the free world someday and still hold a candle out for his future electoral campaign. He was the original guitarist in Indecision, a 'more a myth than a band' group in high school that consisted of mua, Maurice, Angus and a great guy named Mize. Counselor adamantly denies to this day his musical connection to the band, although he went on to be the chronicler of it, publishing our first articles and newsletters (including the one announcing my departure to whiter pastures in NYC and the inclusion of the stunning replacement, Mr. Yu)

(Interstingly, Indecision (and Dead Yeti, in which Angus played) have been the initial focal point for such current endeavors as Exit, The Entertainment System, Angus again and my eternal closet tapes.)

Two years of fallow followed my estrangement from Counselor, until we became roommates for our freshman year at UT. Amazingly, we stayed roommates for our sophmore year, even though our 1st year together included fistfights, frozen underwear, unorthodox ties and Everclear after hours on clean laundry. Junior year we had enough and went our separate ways. Mine to infamy and Counselors to the Daily Texan. Which could also equally qualify.

Interestingly, I had another group by that time and a memorable gig was booked by Counselor for the campagin to Elect Hunter. Tinnitus was had by all.

I think that was the last time I saw counselor until his recent visit out west. If not, then it's been consumed by the Smog particles in my brain.

So there, is how I know Counselor (the abbreviated version. Do we really need to hear about James Coney Island, Champs birthdays and Motley Crue in the morning? "