Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I speak freely.

L.A. Texas Exes Hollywood Seminar
This week was my third year speaking at the hollywood seminar and it was a blast. I had the honor to speak on both New Media and DVD Production with my old friend Ian Haufrect, and today on Editing and Post Production with peers Rob Brakey and Paul Leonard. They've both been doing very well, with Rob editing The Final Cut with Robin Williams and National Lampoon's Golddiggers and Paul producing Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galatica series. This being our third time sharing the stage, we managed to kick out a pretty interesting panel and the kids seemed to dig it. We had a lot talking to us afterwards, so I guess that means 'good'.

I've been pretty antisocial otherwise. This documentary gig is taking time and though I love trekking to Hollywood for the seminars, each trip is a huge chunk of time. Hence, I've skipped the annual student showcase/mixer and probably tonight's "Thirsty Thursday" as well (yes, it's wednesday for this date only). There still is the wrap party on Friday, and that's the usual meet n greet for the diehards. The seminar also serves as an annual "Where is everybody?" for the various Texas Mafia out here. By now it's becoming an anthropological experiement for me, as after 6 years of attending (including my first in 1998, which convinced me to move here), I now can see how everyone's lives have changed and evolved. Needless to say, not many of us are doing now what we set out to do then.

Ahh. blogging for procrastination. I'm scared of this Doc, though I know I'm scared of every doc I do. Maybe by 40 I'll realize I actually can do it.