Thursday, May 20, 2004

Awaiting....

Thursday and I'm awaiting the hard drive overnighted with footage for the documentary. I have the butterflies I now associate with the beginnings of every project. Well, the beginnigs of every project that has a hard out 4 weeks later! As my wife says, butterflies are good. If I didn't have butterflies, I should worry. So it's good.

Saw Circus Minor last night. Featuring old friend and musical genius Julie Dicterow. Good stuff. 1st half started out fairly regular= tortured vocals, dreamy sounds, etc. But the 2nd half became great, with swirling melodies and impassioned playing. They definitely have something. But between you and I, I still love julie's stuff better. She's an amazing keyboardist, but her voice needs to be heard more. I'm biased: I sorta produced/slash/recorded three songs by her in 2002 (2002!) so I'm a fan of the music. But don't get me wrong, Circus Minor is very very good.