Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Happy Wednesdays

Life at Editorial moves along nicely. I saw Sandra Bullock yesterday and David O. Russell's parking place has been replaced by someone named DOMINO. Mark Wahlberg's is still there, however since they have yet to remove our director's 2nd spot, I can't guarantee that he himself is still here.

The work has been the good manual hand work kind. I go home knowing what I accomplished. Also, cutting on film has given me a whole new appreciation of how they did it back when. Splicing is an acquired skill. So even though I can cut 6 ways to saturday on the Avid, or Final Cut, throw an inviso-splicer in front of my and I amass a considerable stack of discarded splicing tape. Joyus.

But it's good. It's filling in tons of gaps in my knowledge and there's nothing like making vague intangibles tangible. "Key code and Ink code/ daily rolls are always on your tape. What's Ink code? Oh, THAT in my HAND is ink code. Nice."

Small, but important.

Meanwhile plans continue for the upcoming Brazil trip. As promised, Angela and I are to dance with Manguiera Samba School in Rio de Janeiro's annual Carnaval. 500,000 people and yours truly, bangin on a drum.

nice.

we are a part of the 'fire' portion. Here's our costumes:



Tights are tight, you know, yo?