Thursday, January 20, 2005

4 More Years

My Way News

I'm a believer in democracy and America's republican system. So I hope in 4 more years, we can try again. But I know this country is very divided. More so than I have ever known in this lifetime. I would say this even if the Democrats had won with the same numbers.

53% Win does NOT a majority make.

I implore those in power to remember that. There is no sweeping mandate, there is no political capital. There is merely a win by a margin, a small one at that. Those in power, try to govern wisely for 100%, not only the ones that put you in power. For if you do that, you are no better than those who forced the American Revolution. If you do govern for all, then you fulfill the American ideal, and the promise of the constitution AND the bill of rights.

You have four more years. The World is watching.