Tuesday, April 26, 2005

On Kitty Psychology

Cats are crazy.

Let me rephrase; Cats make me crazy.

Last night was the Splicehold's first real evening together. Mr & Mrs Splice, Musik the Kat and new arrival Noiche the Kitty (Noiche is "Night" in Portuguese), spent the hours in an elaborate dance designed to introduce the cats to each other and avoid such bad things as hissing, clawing, and for the humans in the house, stay up all nighters.

We were mildly successful.

I do believe that having one cat or dog is the standard "Pet" situation. But having two is rehearsing for children. Mrs. Splice and I would alternate - I play with Noiche in the bedroom, she plays with Musik on the balcony. 20min rolls around, DING, tag team switch. Repeat, rinse, lather etc....

The good news is that Musik hissed only rarely. The bad news is Noiche whined every time we left him alone. This was also emotional loneliness , as he would whine if I did something that did not involve staring at his little kitty body while in the same room.

Mrs. Splice says 'A little time this week will pay off big later on'.

I agreed with her.....



But Noiche still walked on my head at 5am this morning.