Thursday, June 10, 2004

DUEL

Duel, a short film by Dominic Antonio Cerniglio
>: Old World Filmworks :<

Went to this screening last night, as my good friend K served as VFX Supervisor for it. We were both amazed at the response and level the producers brought to the event. Catered, packed with people, starlets, and yes, I was given a crostini by Camryn Mannheim.

That's it. My career has peaked. It's all downhill from here.

Honestly though, the film was great, the night swell and fun for people watching (plenty of young actresses; you can tell by the 'healthy glow'). Being the humble post people that we were, we grabbed his friend T (who did the Digital Mattes) and we absconded to Buca de Beppo, where by walking through the doors I felt my entire Italian-American life flash before me and I was judged wanting. Seriously, where do they get the decorations for this place? Is there an "Italian-American Wall Art" factory hidden deep in the jungles of Malaysia (where all kitsch komes from)? We ate 'family style' (too much), were served 'family style' (too little)' and talked shop about the new Polar Express film, and how certain bi7g nameT2s are contemplating the 'total motion capture animated film concept' being used by Polar. Apparently according to his holyZemeckis, it's 'total control! amazing!', but a lot of headache as EVERYTHING needs to be done by hand-keyframe after keyframe.

Much bitching was to be had.


But in all, a great night. And today, I go to the starbucks to get coffee and I run into 1. Old co-worker 2. Producer who-wants-to-hire-me. At the same time. I need to have coffee there more often.