Saturday, June 19, 2004

Happiness is a Pie

Day three at 'work'. In quotes because although I'm physically at the place of my next employer, I don't officially get on the payroll until next monday. My feelings toward working at home are vindicated as I've been more productive the last two days than I can remember. Walls and no internet helps (damn you WWW!)

Awaiting the arrival of my producer. He drove in from Portland, and as expected, the drive was hellish as he arrived yesterday at 6pm. So TODAY is our first day together as opposed to wednesday which was originally planned.

I'll admit I'm concerned on the direction. We keep getting more material and it's great material, but I haven't seen any of it yet, and it feels like an end is not in sight. Hopefully today's meeting will clarify this for me. As "Trace Evidence" is now requiring 6 day weeks out of me, add this ATB to it and it makes for 7 day weeks, 12-14 hours a day. I comedically dub it 'Film Camp', as all I need is a sleeping bag and some s'mores (though craft service does have chocoloate graham crackers...evil....)

Good news on the "Trace" front is that the show is performing well, and pulling good numbers. If it continues throughout the season, it will put the show in a better position to negotiate. And as I'm editing two shows this time around (for a total of three episodes edited and 6 'touched') that would mean steady work with people I like and overtime pay.

And that makes Daniel a happy camper indeed.