Friday, July 02, 2004

Farenheit 9/09

I have yet to see the film, have yet to read the criticisms. EVERYONE at work, both mine and my wife's, are talking about it. In Pasadena, it sold out 13 showings with a line around the block on opening night. Most people have reported difficulty obtaining a ticket. A phenomenon.

At least here in Los Angeles, California. California: The 'Hell-in-a-Handbasket' State. The state constantly vilified by many Ri-Publicans as the 'proof' that The USA is going the wrong way.

Never mind that Republicans have held the Governor's office longer than Democrats, never mind that REAGAN HIMSELF (pause, as I genuflect) started his career here and that many vestiges of the state today are a result of his term (most things taking 30 years to truly manifest).

But I digress. I ask this, in my comments sections, tell me how F 9/11 is being received in the rest of the country. What's the reaction? What are the sales? I fully understand that between NY and LA is an entire country. Tell me what it is.